Hi! Thanks so much for your interest in becoming a pattern tester for me! If you’re here, you’re applying to test The Cozy Fireside Wrap for me, so let’s get to it, shall we?
Size: One Size
Yarn: Approximately 900 yds / 825 m CYC 4 acrylic yarn (Caron Simply Soft shown)
Hook: 10mm / N/P-15
Terms: US Terms
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner – Even if you’re a total newbie, it’s okay!! Still consider applying! As long as you can single and double crochet a rectangle, I can get you through the rest with the tutorials in the pattern
Test Begins: July 6, 2020
Due Date: July 20, 2020
You’ll get first crack at a brand new pattern, a free printable version of the finished pattern when it is complete, increased exposure to your own social media presence, make some new friends, and maybe even learn something new! So if that sounds good to you, read on!
What I’m Looking For
I am looking for detail-oriented crocheters of varying levels of experience (beginners welcome!) to help me make my new patterns the best they can be. I try not to be too needy, but do require the following:
- Slack: In the past, I have run pattern tests on Slack, a free app for phone, tablet and desktop that can be found in most app stores. I find it very useful in uploading files (like pattern revisions, non-compressed photos, etc.) to be shared with a particular work group/channel, and the entire testing group, as well as myself, will be available to answer questions if the need arises. You can create your free account at Slack.com.
- Notes: I stare at this pattern so much that I become blind to the little things, so I will need you to be on the lookout for any errors in grammar, punctuation, technical aspects, etc. Be detailed, you won’t hurt my feelings :o)
- Social Media: Must have a public Instagram and / or Facebook profile to share photos to using the hashtag(s) you will find in the pattern.
- Photos: Please send at least one progress and one finished project photo, submitted to me with your notes, as well as posted on social media. Please ensure they are well-lit, natural light where possible. I will be sharing your work on my social media as well via Stories or main feed, with proper credit to you of course!
- Deadlines: Adhering to due dates is essential. Please ensure that you have submitted all notes and photos to me by July 20, 2020. If you feel you may not be able to adhere to this date, please apply at another time.
- Copyright: By applying to test, you assert your promise to protect my intellectual property by not copying, reproducing or distributing my pattern.
If You Feel Inclined
The next few things are not required, but if you feel like doing it, I won’t be mad about it!
- Add your project to Ravelry
- Post additional progress or project photos
- Promote the release on social media
- Tell all your maker buddies (only if you love it!)
If you’re cool with all of that, click the button below to take you to a Google Form to submit your application. I can’t wait to get to know you and see your finished wrap!
Finished testing? Awesome! You can click the Tester Feedback Form to submit your notes. Thanks so much!!